Last week I posted about the Jukebox Tempo dress that I made as part of the One Thimble 7 blog tour. The Jukebox Tempo is just one of 10 awesome patterns available in One Thimble 7. Another pattern available in the current issue is the Prince Hoodie by Tigerlily Patterns.
A great addition to your little guy’s wardrobe, the Prince Hoodie does a great job treading the line between something that invokes a dress up feeling but is still great for everyday wear.
I’m a big fan of “fun” boys sewing patterns and this pattern is definitely fun. When coming up with the fabric combination that I would use I had the idea of using earthy colors to invoke more of a dashing young rogue that you later find out is the PRINCE! For our Prince Hoodie I used a green fleece for the main body, rust colored cotton for the trim, and worn brass buttons.
The tutorial walks you through the process of making the Prince Hoodie with clear directions and photos. I found sewing the hoodie to be quick and took little more than a (very interrupted) afternoon for me to complete.
The Prince Hoodie would be a great base for all sorts of princely outfits. Your little guy can be Prince Charming or a rogue prince like Seb. I even think the pattern would be great for a pirate or space captain themed hoodies! The Prince Hoodie is just one of 1 0 patterns in the current issue of One Thimble. Be sure to check out the other patterns available in issue 7. There is even a Princess Hoodie!
Are you looking forward to seeing more of the range of patterns from One Thimble’s Issue 7? Follow the blog tour using the links below;
- Wednesday 13th May 2015 – Molly and Mama and pen, seb & rox and From a Box
- Thursday 14th May 2015 – Handmade Boy
- Friday 15th May 2015 – The Toffee Tree and Horris and Deedle
- Saturday 16th may 2015 – Sewvolution and FABulous Home Sewn
- Sunday 17th May 2015 – Sew Today, Clean Tomorrow and Sprouting JubeJube
- Monday 18th May 2015 – Sew Happily Ever After and Big Stitches, little stitches and Made By Sara
- Tuesday 19th May 2015 – Phat Quarters Blog and Hibbadoray
- Wednesday 20th May 2015 – Mabey She Made It and Blue Wren Handmade