Next up for KCW we have two knit rompers made with the Two Strawberries Romper pattern by Puperita. Inspired by a store bought knit romper that I recently purchased I decided to switch from using the woven fabric the pattern was designed for to knit. The other big deviation from the pattern was not including the side buttons. I figured between the stretch of the knit, the crotch snaps and the tie shoulders, there was no need for the extra opening in order to get the romper onto Pen comfortably.
The pattern was easy to follow and I’d say one could easily be done in a two hour or less time frame. A big snag for me (my fault not the pattern’s) was the knit edging I decided to do one of the bodices. I had decided to trim the other romper with the same fabric used for the legs and oh boy did that give me trouble. It flat out refused to obey the iron, my attempts to pin it into submission and finally I gave up. Unable to find anything that I wanted to use instead in my stash, I decided to find some happy middle ground resulting in the serged edge. I like the contrast of the the more “rough” edge with the floral print on the romper and I’m glad that despite my issues not achieving what I originally wanted, I still like the look. Using a bias cut woven for the trim on the coral/blue romper went much smoother.
All knits used on Day 2’s projects were either upcycled from adult t-shirts or thrifted. The big plan for Day 3 is to make the bias tape required to finish my last two projects for KCW. Hopefully the bias tape will be a lot more friendly to me this time around.